Summer must’ve missed Seoul, because she’s returned earlier than normal, and with a vengeance.
It’s only June 2nd, and we’ve already been hit by several over 30 degree Celsius days, not to mention the accompanying humidity. We’re back to running from air-conditioned shop to air-conditioned shop, or hiding indoors (or at least I am).
It makes me ache for the comfortable days, relaxed pace and fresh flowers of spring in a big way.
So, without further ado – the first in a series of quarterly posts I’ll be doing via our Instagram account.
- Roasted vegetable bibimbap in a hot stone bowl is one of those Korean comfort foods that I can’t live without.
- Sulfur-fed and slow roasted duck is one of Korea’s “medicinal” foods. Medicinal or not, it was delicious.
- We (well, Agri) tried BBQ pork skin for the first time. Fail.
- With shaved ice, sweet red beans and rice cakes on top, patbingsu is THE classic Korean summer treat.
- In Korea, there are credit cards that get you Starbucks at 50% off! I couldn’t believe it either.
- Agri ran his first 10 kilometre race, next to the Han River, without an ounce of training, and still managed a sub 45 minute time. Sometimes I want to throttle him. 😉
- An adorable little cafe opened next to the river, 1 block from our apartment. I foresee a lot of time spent here.
- Sometimes Korean skincare makes me worry.
Seoul Friends and Family
- This night of playing Settlers of Catan in a board game cafe, started an unhealthy addiction for some.
- This is my favourite picture! On a visit from Canada, my dad and Agri ended up in “couple look,” not once, but TWICE! 😀
- An empty Seoul subway is like a dream come true.
- Wondering around our apartment complex one day, we found a tree made entirely of lego
- Ahh!! Those cherry blossoms.
- And finally, a candlelight memorial to the victims of Sewol at Buddha’s birthday lantern parade. It says: Share the Pain.
We’re not the best Instagrammers around, but putting this post together was actually a lot of fun! If you’d like to follow along, you can find us at: http://instagram.com/travelstained.