After spending more than a few super uncomfortable and sweaty summers in Seoul, I vowed to never torture myself that way again.
Of course, some vows are easier to keep than others, and I think this might be the first year (aside from during our 2012 RTW), that I actually made good on that promise. I truly love living here, but an entire summer spent out of the country, away from the monsoon rains, soaring temperatures, 90% humidity and grey skies was exactly what I’d hoped for.
For the 2nd post in the quarterly series I’ll be doing via our Instagram Account, we’re traveling from Seoul to Thailand to Florida to Canada and back again.
I got back to Seoul just as the humidity began to drop and the long awaited clearing of the skies began. Perfect timing, if I do say so myself! 🙂
- I headed to Thailand to detox, and this is the dog and the view that greeted me every morning at 6:30. A pretty blissful way to wake up, despite the total lack of food.
- Getting twisted and turned like a pretzel during a Royal Thai massage in a sala by the sea, is an experience everyone needs to have at least once in their life.
- We saw these Thai fisherman working in a traditional way, on an early morning stroll along the beach.
- And finally, ruining the results of my detox by indulging in steak, lattes and cheese on Asiana’s business class flight back to Seoul. 😉 I really couldn’t believe it when I got an honest to god latte on a plane!
- This pic is not actually in Florida, but on the way to Miami. Our last minute cheap flight from Seoul to Miami entailed a lot of long painful stopovers, but this ramen in Tokyo’s Narita airport helped make things a bit more tolerable.
- So, this pic is not actually in Florida either, but at the airport, when we were leaving Florida to visit Toronto. Ha!
- Lamb souvlaki, fresh fruits, calamari, dim sum and a lobster benny were just a few of the amazing things I ate during my 6 days in Toronto.
- I saw this apron in St. Lawrence Market, and it reminded me so much of my Hubby Bear, I shoulda gotten it for him! Not that he cooks naked or anything. 😉
- After a full month apart, we were reunited over delicious lattes at Calgary’s Analog Coffee. I’m pretty sure this is the best tasting coffee in the city.
- Watching a beautiful sky at Fish Creek Provincial Park, just a few blocks from my childhood home in Calgary.
- Dreamy cotton candy clouds in the sky.
- This pic of Agnes Lake in Banff National Park was the most popular pic I posted all summer. A 3 kilometre hike above Lake Louise, at the top, there’s a historic tea house, where you can choose from over 100 different looseleaf teas.
- The stunning Grey Monk Estate Winery in Kelowna.
- I’ve always wanted to pick fruits in the Okanagan Valley, and I finally got my chance. I’m positive we ate as many cherries as we picked. Fortunately, they don’t weigh what’s in your belly when they charge you.
- We had these truly delicious Quebecois style crepes at Whistler Village’s Crepe Montagne.
- A gorgeous view of Whistler’s Alta Lake from the back patio of my brother’s timeshare.
If you missed the first post in this series, you can find it here.
And if you’d like to follow along with us whenever we travel, our Instagram account is here.