11 Wonderful Reasons to Visit Kyoto Now
There are a million and one reasons to take a trip to Kyoto, the former imperial capital of Japan, and the nearby cities of Nara, Osaka and Kobe. Here are just 11…
1) Because exploring the ancient capital of Japan will fill you with wonder, no matter your age.
View this post on Instagram
At 5 months old, it was our little one's very first trip, and it looks like she inherited our curiosity about the #world and our thirst for #travel. 😍👨👩👧 Here she's absolutely fascinated by the orange-red #torii gates of Fushimi Inari shrine. #genetics #5months #wanderlust
2) Because the streets of Kyoto are insanely clean, organized and safe at any time of the day or night.
3) A stroll through historic Gion at night will make you feel like you stepped back in time, and you just might see a real geisha.
4) Because Japanese Schoolgirls are so Kawaiiiii. (Click for video)
5) Asahi draft and edamame are kind of a perfect combination.
6) You might get to meet the lady that lives behind the subway ticket machine, when you press the HELP button.
7) The sushi, duh…
8)The chance to pet wild deer that seem tame, while watching your back to make sure you don’t get attacked by an alpha deer that isn’t so tame.
9) Chou brûlée. ‘Nuff said.
10) You might be able to squeeze yourself through Buddha’s nostril in Nara’s Todaiji Temple, for a lifetime of luck, abundance and health.
11) Cuz after a hectic day of exploring, you might find stillness in a towering forest of bamboo.
Have you ever wanted to visit Kyoto and Japan? What are YOUR top reasons?
Last Updated on