Christmas in Seoul? Here's how to celebrate!
Here's the lowdown on what to expect in Korea in December.
The Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival is the holiday festival you NEED to see.
15 Excellent Hotels in Myeongdong | The Best Places to Stay in Seoul’s MOST Convenient Neighbourhood
Can't decide where to stay in Myeongdong? Let me help you choose!
Confused about where to stay in Seoul? This guide will help.
Here’s the lowdown on 7 different ski resorts near Seoul to help you plan the perfect winter adventure.
Do Koreans celebrate Christmas? In short, yes. Aaaaand no. Learn exactly how to get your Santa on in the ROK!
Don't hibernate till the cherry blossoms bloom! Venture forth bravely into the frostiest of Korea’s seasons.
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.
Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
~ Cesare Pavese
Hi! I’m Shelley, the woman behind the words.
I’m a coffee loving, cubicle hating, toddler toting introvert, who quit the grind 10 years ago… to live life on my own terms.
Traveling & living around the world has changed my life in all the very best ways. And I hope the words and images here inspire you not just to dream, but to actually set forth on an adventure of your very own.
On my blog, you’ll find destination guides, down to earth travel advice, and way too honest info about the 61 countries I’ve visited independently so far. Follow along, comment and ask me all your burning travel-related questions. Let’s connect!
One does not discover new lands
without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
~ Andre Gide
Winter in Korea
The months of December, January, and February are the coldest of the year, with sub-zero temperatures, strong winds, and snowfall across the country. You’ll need real winter gear to survive winter in Korea!
What to do in Korea in Winter
In winter, Korea is full of sparkling Christmas trees, brilliant lighting festivals, and excellent activities. If you’ve always dreamt of seeing snow, visit one of Korea’s resorts for skiing, sledding, or snowboarding, try your hand at ice fishing, or hike up a snow-covered mountain. Sure – it’s bitterly cold, but that doesn’t mean you should hibernate at home. Gear up, and get out there!
Best Limited Edition Winter Tours in Korea for 2022 / 2023
Sure, December in Korea might feel downright frosty, but there’s still plenty of fun things to do to help you forget the cold. Don’t miss these special events and activities that are only available for 2 or 3 months of the year.
- Elysian Ski Resort + Nami Island + the Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival | December 9th, 2022 – March 3rd, 2023
- Alpaca World + Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival | December 9th, 2022 – March 15th, 2023
- Garden of Morning Calm Lighting Festival, Snowy Land + Strawberry Picking | December 20th, 2022 – February 28th, 2023
- Vivaldi Park Snowy Land Sledding Tour | December 20th, 2022 – February 28th, 2023
- Cheongyang Alps Village Ice Fountain Festival | December 26th, 2022 – February 10th, 2023
- Ice Fishing and Snowflake Tour in Gangwondo | January 1st – February 12th, 2023
- Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Fishing Festival Tour from Seoul | January 14th – 24th, 2023
- Skiing, Snowboarding, and Sledding Tours across Korea | Various dates