I haven't seen anywhere in Korea quite like Jangtaesan.
Autumn in Korea is a stunner! Here's where to go
Here's the lowdown on what's happening in Korea in October.
Gyeongbokgung Palace at night is incredibly special.
15 Excellent Hotels in Myeongdong | The Best Places to Stay in Seoul’s MOST Convenient Neighbourhood [UPDATED 2023]
Can't decide where to stay in Myeongdong? Let me help you choose!
First Cabin Haneda in Terminal 1 is the perfect capsule for a long layover in Tokyo.
Autumn in Seoul is epically beautiful.
Come autumn, pink muhly is a national obsession in Korea.
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.
Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.
~ Cesare Pavese
Hi! I’m Shelley, the woman behind the words.
I’m a coffee loving, cubicle hating, toddler toting introvert, who quit the grind 10 years ago… to live life on my own terms.
Traveling & living around the world has changed my life in all the very best ways. And I hope the words and images here inspire you not just to dream, but to actually set forth on an adventure of your very own.
On my blog, you’ll find destination guides, down to earth travel advice, and way too honest info about the 61 countries I’ve visited independently so far. Follow along, comment and ask me all your burning travel-related questions. Let’s connect!
One does not discover new lands
without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
~ Andre Gide
Autumn in South Korea
Spanning the months of September, October, and November, autumn in Korea is the most magnificent of the country’s seasons. This is the time of year when you can count on brilliant blue skies, and a country bursting with every spectacular shade of orange, yellow, red, (and pink!) imaginable.
What to do in Korea in Autumn
From brilliant fireworks to glowing lanterns to cultural events, autumn in South Korea is packed with amazing festivals. It’s the ideal time to explore city streets, lose yourself in a field of pink muhly, trek up a mountain, or be astounded by a kaleidoscope of fall colours.
Best Autumn Day Tours in Korea 2023
Spectacular fall foliage, cobalt skies, and comfortable weather make autumn quite possibly the best season to take trips around Korea. Taking place for a few months each year, these day tours make it easy to get to some of the more challenging autumn hotspots in national parks and rural areas around the country – saving you precious time on your travels.
Some of these tours have extremely limited space and availability, so if you’ve got your heart set on a particular place, I recommend booking as early as possible.
- Hwadam Botanic Garden + Namhansanseong Fortress (UNESCO) | September 3rd – October 19th, 2023
- Nari Park, Pink Muhly Grass + Dumulmeori from Seoul | September 25th – October 13th, 2023
- Jangtaesan and Jeonju Hanok Village Day Tour from Seoul | September 25th – November 25th, 2023
- Seoraksan Maple Leaves Tour (optional Cable Car) | October 2nd – 20th, 2023
- Alpaca World + Hongcheon Ginkgo Tree Forest | October 10th – 24th, 2023
- Seoraksan National Park with Cable Car Day Tour from Seoul | October 16th – November 3rd, 2023
- Seoraksan (Osaek Autumn Foliage) + Nami & Garden of Morning Calm OR Alpaca World | October 16th – November 3rd, 2023
- Seoul City Autumn Tour (Gamaksan, Eunpyeong Hanok Village, Haneul Park + Jingwansa) | October 16th – November 24th, 2023
- Classic Naejangsan National Park Tour (VIP Bus Available) | October 26th – November 15th, 2023
- Naejangsan Autumn Foliage Maples Leaves Tour | October 30th – November 5th, 2023
- Naejangsan National Park + Jeonju Hanok Village from Seoul | November 1st – 13th, 2023, Wednesdays and Fridays ONLY